|Status||Item||Date Last Modified|
|App Fee||Jan 27, 2011|
|Bio Data||Jan 25, 2011|
|Emergency Contact||Jan 25, 2011|
|Endorsement||Jan 25, 2011|
|Letter of Intent||Jan 25, 2011|
|References||Jan 27, 2011|
|Transcript||Jan 25, 2011|
We are so so so excited about going! We decided just the other day that we would rather go with BYU than with any other group. One HUGE change in this plan is that we will be leaving on May 10, 2011. That's 4 months sooner than we were originally going to go. Here are some of the reasons we decided to change:
1. The Russian Department here at BYU got a rather large sum of money, so now the program fees are going to be $1,000-$2,000 cheaper than they were going to be.
2. We will now be going through BYU, which means that we will be staying with other LDS families in Moscow. This will be huge when you consider that vodka is a huge part of the Russian culture, and trying to explain that we don't drink would be really hard if we lived with non-LDS families.
3. We don't have to worry about getting to church/being able to go to church.
4. I get to learn Russian!
5. To go along with #4, there are 2 or 3 married couples that are going on the study abroad, all of them where He is an intermediate Russian student, and she doesn't speak any Russian. Because of this, BYU decided to offer a first year program for the wifes of these students. Yipee!
6. I don't have to take my History 490 class in the summer, I get to take it in the fall. This is wonderful because I will have 16 weeks to write a 20-25 page paper instead of only 8. I like this:)