Friday, September 24, 2010

Don't kiss the one with the germs!

This week I've been battling a cold. The same cold Matt had all weekend. This is what I get for kissing him while he's sick. I feel bad because I'm such a horrible sick person. I'm way too much like my dad! DayQuil and NyQuil have become my best friends this week. Sad I know.

On a much happier note, I've gotten the urge to be crafty lately. I've been looking through some of my friends blogs and I really just want to make something! I want to take the big gaudy gold mirror that my mom used to have in her bedroom until she couldn't stand the look of it any more, and paint the gold part black, and use it in my bedroom. I know she won't mind if i take it, now I just have to remember to get it when we go up there for Austin's farewell. (Matt's not too thrilled with the idea I don't think, but he said I could do whatever I wanted. I don't think he knows how scary that could be for him.)If you haven't noticed the new colors for the blog, they are my newest color obsession. I have all these ideas floating around in my head for how I want to decorate our bedroom. I doubt it will happen, but i can dream. Since I can't change the color of our white walls, I want to make a black padded headboard, and a new duvet cover out of a patterned fabric with all three,or even two of the three, colors. I'm kinda liking this one for the bed:


Could be kinda fun, right? With some black binding and some black buttons maybe? I feel like I need to do something to make my apartment,especially the bedroom, feel like a home instead of like my dorm room and I think the best way to do that would be to make it look good and have some kind of theme. I love having all of these ideas and getting to try to come up with a way to make them fit together! I just wish I had a sewing machine so that I could actually do half the crafts that I want too. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas. (hint hint)

The other craft I'm dying to try are the fabric flowers that are all the rage right now. I think I could have a lot of fun doing those, and I'm pretty sure all I'd need would be a glue gun, which I already have, and the fabric for them...Hmmm I'm thinking there's a trip to the fabric store in my future:D Love it!I know what Emily and all the girl cousins are getting for Christmas! I don't think that Madison will wear one, or she'd get one too.

OH! I have to tell you all that I got a steam mop for all the tile that we have in our apartment. (The living room, kitchen, and bathroom are all tiled) I don't mind mopping the floor, and I'm still convinced that it gets done better when I do it on my hands and knees, but with school and homework and everything I don't have time. I've used my mom's before and it worked pretty good,so I got one too. I used it last night and now my floors are all clean, and it only took me 5 minutes! How wonderful is that?! Love it!

I think it's a good thing that I write these posts on Friday afternoons, I'm always in a better mood. Especially this week because we got to wear jeans to work for spirit day! Go Cougars!

Spiritual Note for the week:
Last night as Matt and I were talking about when and how we're going to go to Russia, I got to thinking about the Lord's will, and I can't help but remember that he knows better than we do what we need. Right now we have quite a few things that we recognize as being in His hands. Applications for my program, scholarships, and study abroad programs are all things that once they have been turned in, we have no control over the outcome. It scares me to death, but I just have to have faith that if we have done everything in our power to make sure it's our best, he'll take care of us. I always wonder if my best is good enough, or if I really put in my best effort. I realize that He knows my heart, and that He wants to bless my little family, so I have to give it over to Him and not worry so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment