Friday, September 10, 2010

A lilttle bit of everything

Matt and I have known each other since I was 8 and he was 10. This was when I moved to Glenwood Springs. We were friends all through high school and he would take me to seminary every morning. He was my first date and I was his first kiss. We got engaged on my 20th birthday, and we were married on July 24, 2009.


Right now we are both going to school at Brigham Young University. We love it here! I am studying to be a High School History Teacher with a minor in geography teaching. Matt is studying International Relations with a minor in Russian. We should both be graduating in April of 2012. Right now we're trying to get our acts together enough to go on a study abroad to Russia either this spring/summer or next fall. We're really excited about getting to spend time in another country learning the language and the culture. Right now we're just waiting to see what kinds of scholarships we can get so we can decide when we can go.

This semester we are taking 2 classes together, World History of WWII and European Geography, we love having these classes together! Not only do we get to spend the first class of the day together, but we also only had to buy one set of books! Woohoo for saving money on books!

We both work on campus, which is great. Matt works in one of the coolest places on campus, Special Collections in the library. He gets to work with all the really old and rare books that BYU has. He sees some pretty cool things. Oscars, Original copies of the Book of Mormon, Jimmy Stewart's accordion, Gutenberg Bibles, etc. It's all so cool! My job isn't as cool, but I know almost everything about BYU admissions, financial aid, and scholarships. I answer phone calls or work at the window helping people with their questions and taking payments for tuition. The best part of my job is that I get to work with some seriously awesome people!


In our spare time, when we have some, we like to spend time with our friends playing games or watching movies. Our all time favorite game to play with other couples is called BANG!. It's an Italian game about the American Old West. It's great fun, and always sure to have people saying awkward things to each other. Recently our friends Sean and Heidi McQuay have introduced us to a game called Pandemic, it's quite unlike any board game in that you aren't competing against each other, you're competing against the board and the cards. We have yet to win the game.

Sorry this post is so incredibly long, I'm at work and I don't have a lot to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment