Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Thankful for... 2 & 3

Ok. So I didn't post a thankful note yesterday...guess I'm not off to a good start. Today I'll just have to come up with two.

2. I'm thankful for my warm socks. Most of you are laughing while reading this, thinking that I don't even wear socks. I'll let you know that I have seen the error in my ways and that I now LOVE getting home from work and putting on my wool winter socks and my slippers. I'm pretty sure that this comes from the fact that we have a tile floor in our little basement apartment and it is always freezing cold! When Matt and I got into bed last night, my feet were nice and warm, and his were cold, which is the opposite of how it normally is, and I kinda liked it! Until he put his cold toes on me!

3. I'm thankful for the Internet and e-mails today! We got our first e-mail from Austin today! He's doing well and loving being a missionary! Here's the letter he sent home, Mom said she felt like she'd won the lottery jackpot when she opened her e-mail this morning:

Hey Family!

Its goin great here! i honestly love it so much! when i got outta the
car i went through a bunch of paperwork verifacation to make sure i
was who i said a was then dropped my stuff off in the class room and
met up with the other guys in my district. then it was right into
class. all spanish all day everyday haha its the best way to learn it
i guess!! my companion is Elder Summers, he's from Parker CO! so you
all could meet his family i bet sometime! and we just got a new
companion yesterday Elder Leigh from Ogden. i love them both so much!
they're great examples and we have a great time together! The
cafeteria is alright but i miss the sizzle and scent of mama's cookin
in the kitchen! collin, eat thirds for me tonight please! haha I gave
Elder Summers a blessing last night because he was feelin a cold
coming on. that was so so amazing to feel words be put into my mouth.
wow! Lessons are fantastic here, i understand them more than i
expected. we only speak spanish in the class room and try to speak as
much spanish outside the class as we can! its pretty fun! Im learning
so much... SO much! the spirit is so strong with all these sisters and
elders floatin around bearing their testimonies right and left! The
days here are very long. but i enjoy almost every minute of it. the
ones i dont enjoy are the 20 minutes after dinner when i eat too
much!! not very enjoyable physically! but i love the learning. We're
learning the first lesson of PMG and starting to practice teach it to
eachother and get taught! we're also learning about the love that
Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father have for everyone on this Earth.
Sometimes i think we forget that even those who rub us the wrong way
are children of God. that was great to learn about! so all of you
remember that the people on this earth are our friends and we should
be treating them with respect. tonight is the General Authority
Devotional and im so so excited for that! Today our district went to
the temple! that was incredible! The second time was MUCH better. i
was way more calm and could pay attention much better. i wish we
could've just ast in the celestial room all day. i know i could have!
I read the last chapter of Moroni in there and loved every word! its a
very good chapter! You all should read it one night before bed! Oh and
thank you for the letters! i love getting those! they are such a treat
at the end of a long day! so im scheduled to get outta here dec. 27 so
i cant call on christmas but in the airport i shouldbe able to! I
miss you all a lot really. but its the kind of "miss" tha that i know
i should be having in my life right not :) just like you all should
too! Theres a website called dearelder.com that is for emailing
letters and packages and stuff to us missionaries! check it out! its
pretty self explanatory i imagine, and its a bit faster than snail
mail! Well my time is winding down, :( tell the Larsens Hi from Elder
Page!

i miss you all a bunch! but always love you even more!
LOVE
Elder Page

Yay for e-mails, they are so much faster than snail mail! But I can't wait to get a real letter from him, hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment