Monday, November 15, 2010

I really am Thankful for things!

Ok. I fail at being consistent at writing my thankful posts. BUT in my defense, I try to only work on homework when I'm at school, so that I can have a chance to relax when I get home, and Matt's computer, the only one that actually connects to the internet, has been having issues. (half the time when we turn it on the keyboard won't work or the mouse pad won't work.) This makes it very hard to want to blog, typing with a mouse and the on screen keyboard is way harder than it sounds. If you don't believe me, try it! It takes forever!

I'm just going to list off some things that I have realized I am grateful for:
- I am grateful for my hoodies! I wear them all the time. I can't wear them to work, so I don't usually wear them to campus, but as soon as I get home, I put it on. I have a few of them, but it's almost always one of two, either the one from Yellowstone, or the one that my grandma gave me for Christmas last year that says Riley University. I love them!

-I'm grateful for Hymns. Yesterday at church we sang some of my favorite hymns. I loved it. I love how some days there are things that I want to say, and I can't find the words to express my feelings, and then suddenly a hymn will pop into my head that manages to convey my feelings so perfectly. Half the time I end up in tears by the end of the song. I love that when I'm having a bad day, I can think of a hymn and suddenly my day isn't so bad, or there's hope that it will get better. I can't think of the name of they hymn that we sang at the beginning of Sacrament Meeting yesterday, but I remember listening to the words and thinking that it was exactly what I needed at that moment.

-I'm grateful for Raid. Ya know, the stuff that you spray in your house to get rid of bugs, what, you don't have that problem. Well I do. I HATE spiders. Yet because we live in a basement, they seem to love our house. Yuck! Friday night I got up to go to the bathroom and while I was sitting on the potty, I felt something on my leg, and when I looked down there was a big, nasty, hairy spider crawling on my thigh. (shudder just thinking about this) Any of you who have seen me when there is a spider around know exactly what happened next. Yup, I screamed bloody murder and Matt came rushing in to save me from the evil spider. Needless to say, he killed the spider and sprayed the whole house with Raid so that I could settle down. My knight in shining armor!

- I'm grateful for my phone calls home at 5pm. I love talking to my mom and the little kids on my walk home from work. My mom always tells me that it's the worst time to call, and it probably is for her, but I love to hear the kids in the background and listen to her tell them how to do their homework. If I close my eyes while I'm listening to all of this, I can almost pretend that I'm right there with them. It keeps me from getting too homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment