Friday, December 17, 2010

Update on Matt

Update on Matt's leg. It is a Staph Infection, but the doctor has him on a vigorous anti-biotic regimen and it's looking so so so much better today than it did even yesterday. Wednesday they gave him a shot of Rocephin (a really strong anti-biotic) and then again yesterday they gave him some more, but this time through an IV because he almost passed out with the shot. Today it looks so so so much better! He's still taking two different kinds of anti-biotics, but we're hopeful that this will pass and not get any worse while we're at home.

I'm learning all kinds of things about infections and anti-biotics. I think it's kinda cool to see how all of them are working to fight the infection. The people I work with think I sound pretty smart when I start talking about it. Honestly I wish I hadn't learned anything about any of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment