Monday, December 6, 2010

My Sweet Husband

So on Friday I came home from work and found a sign on our front door that read, "Riley's Italian Restaurant (Please Knock)", so I knocked on the door and Matt answered, dressed in his nice khaki's and black button up shirt (one of my favorite outfits on him, he's so handsome), and he told me I couldn't look in the kitchen and had to stay in our room until he was done. So I closed my eyes and got ready for our date night, which I thought was just going to be going to see Christmas Around the World with his Aunt Polly. He's so sweet! He had made me manicotti and had cleaned the living room and the kitchen! And be bought me flowers:) I'm so lucky!



Then on Saturday we went and got a Christmas Tree and I decorated it on Sunday after church. I love Christmas! It's such a happy time of year. I love the songs. I love the smells. I love hunting to find the perfect gifts for the people that I love. I love the spirit of charity that is so abundant. I love the focus on Christ. I love that I get to spend time with my family. I love getting to help my mom shop for and cook all the yummy food. I love the excitement that comes on Christmas morning. ( I'm still like a little kid, Austin and Collin and I would always be the first ones up on Christmas morning, and we would hold "The Annual Big Kids Meeting in the Basement" ...yes we named our meeting... and we'd play games and talk while waiting for 7 am to come around...yes I was up that early. Half the time we had to wake the little kids up.) Pretty much I just love everything about Christmas!













Our Pretty Christmas Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment